It's a small world...

Mandy of Mand-a-lin blog saw my interview on the Fat Quarterly blog and realised that we live in the same area. She then found my Flickr site and left me a message saying we should meet. So on this lovely Spring day we caught up at the Pink Papaya. Isn't that a fun name? I know it sounds like a cocktail bar but it's an innocent cafe with the reputation of best coffee in Springwood.

Here's Mandy with the big smile. I was in for a treat when show and tell was the gorgeous little quilts she's recieved in the last 3 rounds of Doll Quilt Swaps.

These leggy birds were stitched by Helen Simpson, who lives in Kununurra, Australia. I couldn't find a website for her.

The next one is by mommymae. Little windows of sunny colour framing the sweetest owl fabric.

The following ones I felt I already knew because I'd followed their progress on Flickr. This little trio was made by Lynne of Lilys Quilts. I loved them when I saw them on the internet but they're even more wonderful live. The attention to detail is amazing. The teeny weeny coloured quilts are real little quilts! The 3rd one is a replica of a quilt that Mandy had made.

Besides marvelling at doll quilts, we chatted about lots of quilty things and had a lovely time.

I've been busy cutting up my strips for the FQ quilt along. I'm looking forward to pairing up crazy combinations for my blocks. And sewing them together. I'm already thinking about ways of quilting this quilt. I sure am having fun with this one.

Cheerio