Today GBF and I went to The Caring Hearts Quilt Group's Airing of the Quilts Show ( that was a mouthful!!) . The Caring Hearts are a group of 12 women based in the lower Blue Mountains that make quilts for charities using donated fabrics.





The setting in the grounds of the Arms of Australia Inn Museum in Emu Plains was a great choice. A concert band was playing and the sausage sizzle was very tempting..






The autumn sun was out in force and although it was a bit windy it seemed to bring the quilts to life as they danced in the air.




The quilts were just beautiful!! lots of different styles and I loved the fabrics from different eras.



I'm loving anything with hexagons at the moment, I can definitely see a hexagon project coming up in the future.



This string quilt is so fantastic!! that red is so vibrant!!


This quilt of purple squares was GBF's favourite, he liked that the squares are all just a little bit uneven. That must be why he likes my quilts... I loved the quilting pattern that echoes the border and gives movement to the simplicity of the design. What a great quilt!!



I love looking at quilts!!!!


These scrappy squares are wonderful!!


I love this quilt!!!! So simple and so beautiful.



As I said earlier all the quilts are made with donated fabrics but to raise money for the batting they had a stall selling some fabrics so of course I had to do the charitable thing...


This ones good enough to eat!

Lots of fun fat quarters. There's a bit of a country theme going on.


And this is my treasure of the day. There's lots of metallic gold highlights and the colours are so rich and gorgeous. In fact I think i'll go and have a look in my fabrics and see what would go well with it..

Cheerio.