I received another parcel of gifts from the lovely Melody of House on the Side of The Hill blog. Melody has obviously noticed I love donkeys and has stitched this sweetie for me!! Isn't that the cutest donkey you've ever seen? I love her basket of colourful daisies and her little lady eyelashes.
It's meant to be a tea towel but it's too special for that so I'm going to use it as my sewing machine cover. Another cute little, teeny weeny ceramic donkey was also in the package. He'll stand on my window sill and enjoy the view of the garden. Melody also included a raffle ticket, so I might win a quilt too!! Thank you Melody, your stitches are beautiful, and your gifts so thoughtful!!
I can also thank Melody for inspiring me to start sewing hexagons again. She makes amazing fussy cut hexi flowers. Mary from Molly Flanders has also influenced my latest project with her amazing hexi quilt. Here's some peeks of what I've done so far...

I enjoy having a sewing project I can do in the lounge room so I can be where the action is. I can chatter away to Gbf if he's around, and it's all there set up, ready to go so I can sew a few hexis when I have a spare minute or two.

I know I probably shouldn't have started another quilt when I have so many half finished but how could I resist such pretty fabrics? They were calling out to me!!